Hi, I'm Laura. I'm here to get you thriving in your Procurement role and grow your confidence, and resilience as a Procurement Leader.
I know that being a leader in Procurement is hard!
Juggling spend and savings, stakeholders, teams and multiple expectations. Confidence battles. Justifying your value. Pushing for your seat at the table and stakeholder challenges. Approaching change and challenge with agility.
One thing's for sure: learning how to lead in a way that not only gets results - but feels authentic to you and your values - is no easy feat.
The pressures of leadership and the increased profile of Procurement in recent times create a perfect storm for our inner critic to emerge. You may find yourself doubting the value you're bringing to your role and the organisation as a whole.
More About Me
- Prior to focusing purely on Executive Coaching, I spent over 15 years in senior leadership and management roles for global organisations in both the UK and Spain. During my leadership career, I specialised in Strategy, Change Management, Continuous Improvement and Employee Engagement, leading to a huge passion for connecting with and coaching others in the Procurement space.
- As well as achieving my MCIPS qualification, I am a qualified Executive & Leadership Coach and an accredited Senior Practitioner with the EMCC (European Mentoring & Coaching Council), with a focus on supporting high performing Procurement leaders to step into their leadership roles with confidence, self-belief and in alignment with their values;
- I firmly believe that everyone is capable of being an exceptional leader, without fitting into a cloned mould and without betraying their own character. It can sometimes take a while to figure out the leader who you want to be and I am focused on helping exceptional leaders to reach their full potential.
- I understand the challenges that come with leadership in the Procurement profession, having worked at leadership level within a Procurement organisation, and with experience of a number of varied company cultures;
- I understand that no matter how far you have made it in your career, lack of confidence and self-doubt can still appear;
- I know what it's like to juggle the demands of your high-flying career and your commitments at home;
- I create a safe and confidential space for you to work through your challenges, your goals and your options, without judgement and with full encouragement.
I believe that the key to career fulfilment & thriving in the Procurement profession is built on the solid foundations of your values.
Our personal values are unique to us all but they offer us direction when we're not sure which step to take next.
Discovering your values and empowering you to take action that aligns with them is a key foundation of the coaching work that we will do together.
Every action I take here in my business is aligned with my values.
Supporting the personal growth & achievements of my clients on their leadership journey to deliver Procurement excellence.
Empowering my clients to connect with their values, their goals and beliefs to build collaborative relationships with others.
Resourcing my clients to trust themselves & their decision making when facing the challenges that leadership in Procurement can bring
Enabling my clients to wholly accept themselves & build upon their adaptability and resilience in a challenging Procurement climate.
When I'm not coaching...
A bit more about me outside of my business
- You'll often find me in the outdoors with my husband and two young daughters, either exploring or doing something active like a High Ropes course or in an adventure playground.
- I love to cook! My Spanish-inspired chicken croquette recipe always goes down a storm!
- When I get some rare time to myself, you'll often find me with my headphones in listening to one of these podcasts:
- The High Performance Podcast - inspirational interviews with everyone from high-performing CEOs to gold-medal-winning athletes.
- The Tennis Podcast - I'm a huge tennis fan, so when I can't get my Wimbledon fix, I'll be keeping up-to-date with the ATP and WTA tour on here.
- I love to stay connected to Spain and the Spanish language by listening to podcasts and watching Spanish programmes on Netflix. I spent the early years of my career there and it's a huge passion of mine.